Nick and Beth talk space specifics in this episode, including:
- Nick’s fascinating job working on composite structures- inner stage and the fearing (nose cone) and payload attachment structures
- How quality control plays such a major part of the rocket creation process, and how much is hand made!
- Nick’s interpretations on the culture of SpaceX, and how new ideas are tested & encouraged
- SpaceX works to make us become a multi-planet species, so ideas, rockets and most things need to be big.
- The process of developing with engineers and technicians at SpaceX has allowed anyone with the experience to take the instructions & implement them… you don’t necessarily have to be the most accredited
- What’s next for SpaceX and Nick’s future?!
“We want to make a giant rocket that will get us to Mars, and become a multi-planet species.”SpaceX Engineer Nick Hansen
SHOW NOTES & Bonus Links!
- About SpaceX: https://www.spacex.com/about
- SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket: https://www.spacex.com/falcon-heavy
- SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket: https://www.spacex.com/falcon9
- What’s inside the fearing of a SpaceX Rocket? THIS IS ONE OF BETH’s MOST FAVORITE VIDEOS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FZIwabctw
- The Case for Mars (according to SpaceX): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=Ndpxuf-uJHE