In this episode, Beth and Leroy
- Changing technology: how far we’ve come and the exciting changes in our future.
- What we need to master (on the moon) before we go to Mars
- What it was like to fly on board the International Space Station for more than 6 months.
- How do you eat in space? What was it like to be weightless? Kids questions and astronaut Chiao answers!!
- A successful space mission is a success for all of humanity.
- The moon is only 3 days away and is similar to Mars with reduced gravity and atmosphere.
- Being weightless in a plane does not fully prepare you for continuous weightlessness in space.
- Some of the most desolate areas are some of the most beautiful.
“The moon is the perfect place to develop and test all of your hardware. You want to make sure all of the stuff’s going to work before you send it to Mars. You probably even want to train crews on the moon.” — Leroy Chiao
About Beth Mund
Connect with Beth Mund:
Show notes by show producer/podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it
Sign Up for The Casual Space Newsletter
Get an exclusive look at how the latest “Casual Space” podcast came together.